Full-Time Youth & Family Counselor
You can help make a difference in the lives of the children and adolescents working as a Youth & Family Counselor assisting children who have behavioral, mental, and emotional challenges in a residential campus setting. You will be provided with on-the-job training including Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, First Aid, CPR, and Medication Training.
THE IDEAL PERSON WOULD:
- Provide direct care by displaying the role of tutor, role model, cook and source of emotional support.
- Provide assistance by creating and following developmentally appropriate recreational activities.
- Transport clients to home visits, appointments, etc.
- Maintain a safe and effective milieu by participating in the provision of a structured, therapeutic environment.
- Collaborate with staff and families to achieve desired treatment outcomes.
- Desire to work with children in need.
- Clean and valid Maine driver’s license.
- Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
- High school diploma or GED with the ability to work with difficult-to-manage youth.
- Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
- Ability to relate to children with warmth and understanding, and have the ability to identify the needs and problems of children.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
We have day, evening, overnight and weekend shifts. Full Time and Relief positions available.
POTENTIAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES:
- Higher Level Youth & Family Counselor
- Supervisory Positions
- Case Management and Clinical (with education)