Full-Time Systems Group Manager – IT Management
Systems Group Manager – IT Management
Open for Recruitment: October 26, 2016 – November 8, 2016
You will be a member of a highly productive and technical team to provide support of applications for state agencies, primarily the Bureau of the Budget. The selected candidate’s primary role will be to manage/supervise a team of technical employees and contractors, improving/retaining customer relations and ensure successful project implementation. This position requires a professional individual who is self-motivated, organized and is able to work collaboratively with the customer, the staff and other OIT teams; leads ongoing efforts for applications support, maintenance, and development. Work is performed under limited supervision. This position is located in Augusta.
In order to qualify, you must have nine (9) years of progressively responsible experience in application system analysis and programming including two (2) years of supervisory or project management experience.
- Demonstrate excellence in leading project teams, have effective communication and customer service skills.
- Have the ability to establish and maintain relationships, problem resolution skills, facilitation skills and a solid background in application technologies.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and oversee multiple projects/activities simultaneously.
- Have ability to apply productive management techniques to projects/individuals, to maximize time management.
- Have knowledge/experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Have knowledge of software systems, concepts, design techniques and application tools.
- Possess the ability to develop a clear understanding of technology and business needs; and translate our clients’ requirements into technical specifications.
- Lead and supervise a technical team, work closely with clients and internal IT talent to provide direction to technical teams performing application support. Identify and resolve bottlenecks when presented.
- Provide leadership and direction to staff allocated to mission critical technology projects; project management; and ensuring project feasibility, timeliness, and quality are maintained.
The selected candidate will be required to complete an official job application and pass the required background checks as a condition of employment. *Maine State Government is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. Only U.S. Citizens or aliens who have a legal right to permanently work in the United States are eligible for employment. The State of Maine cannot sponsor applicants requiring work visas.
To apply, please visit the following website and apply online:
JOB CLASS CODE: 0170 PAY GRADE: 30 – SALARY: ($57,200.00 – $78,499.20 annually)*
* This includes a 10% recruitment and retention salary adjustment.
The value of State’s share of Employee’s Retirement: 15.85% of salary for BU positions. The value of State-paid Dental Insurance: $13.13 biweekly. The value* of State-paid Health Insurance:
Level 1: 100% State Contribution (employee pays nothing): $415.11 biweekly
Level 2: 95% State Contribution (employee pays 5%): $394.35 biweekly
Level 3: 90% State Contribution (employee pays 10%): $373.60 biweekly
Level 4: 85% State Contribution (employee pays 15%): $352.84 biweekly
*The level of the actual value of state paid Health Insurance will be based on the employee’s wage rate and status with regard to the health credit premium program.