Full-Time Systems Analyst – DOE Application Development Team
Office of Information Technology
DOE Application Development Team
Open for Recruitment: April 21, 2017 to May 5, 2017
You are a talented IT professional who is driven toward success. You are a go-getter, always seeking ways to expand your knowledge, and encourage others to do the same. You enjoy clearing hurdles as you strive for excellence. If this describes you, we want you on our TEAM!!
The Department of Administrative and Financial Services (DAFS) Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides information technology support to over 13,000 employees. OIT oversees large scale enterprise applications that support the critical and diverse business needs of the State of Maine and its agencies. OIT is seeking a highly talented individual who can provide analysis for a variety of applications for the Department of Education.
ABOUT THE JOB DETAILS:
This exciting and engaging work provides advanced technical solutions and services founded on excellence in work involving the analysis, design, development, and implementation of diverse, application systems. Responsibilities include researching and analyzing business needs, formulating and defining system scope and objectives, and designing systems and/or enhancements to existing systems capable of fully meeting business needs and objectives.
To complete this exciting work, you must be competent at the highest technical level in all phases of applications systems analysis and design activities. The selected candidate will be passionate about the critical aspects of this work and have the skills and abilities to perform an analysis of application systems to formulate solutions for complex business problems. An understanding of working with the use of automation technology and preparing system design plans and detailed specifications to facilitate the development and implementation of application systems will be expected. Supervision may be exercised over other data processing staff. Interpersonal and teambuilding skills are critical in this role.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
You will have an opportunity to work with a dedicated team of software developers to modernize applications using C#, .NET, and SQL Server databases for the Department of Education. You will be exposed to modern technologies as we implement them into our systems using agile methodologies. You will have the opportunity to add your experience and expertise to Maine state government in a collaborative working environment. This position is located in Augusta.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will perform analysis and documentation of business and system interactions. You will design technical solutions to business problems and work with architects and programmers to implement those solutions in an agile environment. You will document system changes and create documents for certifying deployments.
- Experience in agile development methodology and practices.
- Knowledge of all phase of the software development life cycle as well as the project development cycle.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to create user stories in an issue tracking system such as Team Foundation Server.
- Experience in version control software such as Team Foundation Server Version Control.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering business requirements and system design.
- Experience in the Microsoft development technology. Especially C#, .NET frame work. ASP.NET, SQL Server Database, and SQL.
A five (5) year combination of higher level programming and systems analysis and design experience including two (2) years at the Programmer Analyst level or equivalent. A Masters’ Degree from an accredited educational institution in Computer Science may be substituted for one (1) year of programming.
SALARY: Job Class Code: 0867 Pay Grade: 27 – $50,648.00 – $68,744.00 annually*
*Includes a 15% recruitment and retention salary and eligibility for a training bonus.
The value of State’s share of Employee’s Retirement: 15.85% of salary for BU positions. The value of State-paid Dental Insurance: $13.13 biweekly. The value* of State-paid Health Insurance:
- Level 1: 100% State Contribution (employee pays nothing): $415.11 biweekly
- Level 2: 95% State Contribution (employee pays 5%): $394.35 biweekly
- Level 3: 90% State Contribution (employee pays 10%): $373.60 biweekly
- Level 4: 85% State Contribution (employee pays 15%): $352.84 biweekly
*The level of the actual value of state paid Health Insurance will be based on the employee’s wage rate and status with regard to the health credit premium program.