Full-Time Senior Technical Support Specialist – Windows Server Group (SQL Server Team)
Office of Information Technology
Senior Technical Support Specialist
Windows Server Group (SQL Server Team)
OPEN FOR RECRUITMENT: March 2, 2017 – March 17, 2017
You are a talented individual who understands working with a technical team and are driven toward success. You focus on value and providing excellence for the user experience; you know that what you build today has to work tomorrow. You enjoy clearing hurdles as you strive for excellence. If this describes you, we want you on our TEAM!!
The Department of Administrative and Financial Services (DAFS) Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides information technology support to over 13,000 employees. OIT oversees large scale enterprise applications that support the critical and diverse business needs of the State of Maine and its agencies.
ABOUT THE JOB DETAILS:
The Office of Information Technology is seeking a Senior Technical Support Specialist with experience in Windows Server Support and SQL Server. The Windows Hosting Team offers professional and technical hosting and enterprise services to agencies. The SQL Server Team resides within the Windows Server App Hosting Group, which supports a wide range of applications utilizing Windows Server, SQL Server and other COTS products. Work is performed under limited supervision. This position is located in Augusta. The Windows Server App Hosting Group requires 24 hour, 7 day per week server support. This requires the position to be on-call in a rotation format as well as operate as the SQL Server Team lead.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Technical team lead for the SQL Server team.
- Provide internal (OIT) tier-3 support for SQL Server Services support in an enterprise environment.
- Responsible for overseeing, installing, diagnosing, maintaining and administering Microsoft Windows server systems including Microsoft SQL server.
- Respond to help desk escalations.
- Hardware and software upgrades.
- Provide technical recommendations and decisions to the Director of Windows Application Hosting.
- Planning and executing growth and expansion.
- Technical resource to internal programmers and vendors for best practices.
- Responsible for recommending hardware and software purchasing and configuration for enterprise. windows hosting server environments.
- Participate in technical meetings.
- Create and maintain thorough documentation (Standard Operating Procedures) for all job related activities.
- Provide monitoring and feedback for vendors for troubleshooting code drops and recommend fixes.
- Interface with Microsoft Premier Technical Support to resolve any open support cases involving directory services issues.
- Support application hosting (physical, virtual, enterprise) environments within the group.
- Implement, configure and support physical hosting environments utilizing current server operating system.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU…
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server installing, configuring, administering and maintaining.
- Experience of SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Activity Monitor
- Experience with Windows Server Performance Monitor and Network Monitor utilities.
- Experience with Windows Event Viewer and various applications logs and utilities.
- Experience working to resolve problems or in implementing new solutions.
- Experience using a ticket management system for work prioritization and daily workload management.
- Experience with Microsoft HyperV environment and VMware.
- Experience with Active Directory, Experience with DNS.
- Experience with Windows 2008R2 Server installing, configuring, administering and maintaining.
- Experience with Windows 2012R2 Server installing, configuring, administering and maintaining.
- Knowledge of complex software applications on PC’s, servers, and networks.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure SQL.
- Knowledge of proper computer system data security/backup procedures.
- Knowledge of DNS, WINS, DHCP, NETBIOS, SMB, LDAP, TCP/IP protocols.
- Knowledge of organizational Units (OU), Group Policy Objects (GPO), Active Directory Users & Computers (ADUC), Domains & Trusts.
- Knowledge of system back-up and data security techniques.
- Knowledge of basic supervisory techniques.
- Knowledge of operating systems on PC’s and servers.
- Ability to understand and contribute to functional requirements and translate them into technical design and development projects.
- Ability to clearly document features, technical specifications, and infrastructure requirements for self-produced technical work and job processes.
- Ability to develop and manage user-oriented computing activities.
- Ability to develop and coordinate training programs.
- Ability to train personnel in all phases of computer utilization and application.
- Ability and skills to effectively communicate.
- Ability to utilize specialized auditing and security software.
- A positive and proactive approach in identifying problems, and problem resolution techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical computer problems.
- Ability to perform research and make recommendations to management on technical computer issues.
- Ability to draft agency automated information system policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to perform work requiring lifting and/or physical exertion may be required.
- Must be able to continuously monitor industry trends, technologies, and standards and be able to research, recommend, and apply new technologies as they emerge.
- Ability to work in an on-call rotation.
Eight (8) years of programming experience and/or analysis, design, and configuration of complex wireless communication systems.
A Masters’ Degree in Computer Science may be substituted for one (1) year of programming experience or for one (1) year of analysis, design, and configuration of complex wireless communication systems.
Preference will be given to those applicants with at least four (4) years’ experience performing systems administration functions in a Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2 environment as well as (2) years’ experience performing and supporting enterprise SQL Server environment.
*Maine State Government is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Please be sure to note in your cover letter whether or not you are a Veteran or have Gold Star Status. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. Only U.S. Citizens or aliens who have a legal right to permanently work in the United States are eligible for employment. We cannot sponsor applicants requiring visas.
In addition to completing an official job application upon hire, all new Office of Information Technology employees who will fill an Information Technology position which is responsible for installing, supporting, and/or maintaining hardware or software utilized by one or more agencies to access, process, or store information must pass a fingerprint based national background check conducted by Maine State Police and successfully complete Criminal Justice Security Awareness Training as conditions of employment.
Any State transfer (OIT or non-OIT) to an OIT Information Technology Position subject to Federal and/or State national fingerprint-based background check requirements must meet those requirements as a condition of employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, March 17, 2017
SALARY: JOB CLASS CODE: 0871 PAY GRADE: 29 – $54,100.80 – $73,444.80
*Includes a 15% recruitment and retention salary adjustment and eligibility for a 5% annual training bonus
The value of State’s share of Employee’s Retirement: 15.85% of salary for BU positions. The value of State-paid Dental Insurance: $13.13 biweekly. The value* of State-paid Health Insurance:
- Level 1: 100% State Contribution (employee pays nothing): $415.11 biweekly
- Level 2: 95% State Contribution (employee pays 5%): $394.35 biweekly
- Level 3: 90% State Contribution (employee pays 10%): $373.60 biweekly
- Level 4: 85% State Contribution (employee pays 15%): $352.84 biweekly