Full-Time Senior Accountant
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant performs a variety of duties ranging from direct involvement in account analyses or coordination of accounting information with various EMHS organizations. This includes special projects requiring extensive analytical abilities. They are responsible for the preparation of financial reports, general and subsidiary ledgers. Accountable for ensuring all assets and liabilities are reconciled in conjunction with each month end closure. Accomplish monthly bank account reconciliations, complete cash-flow statements, assist with yearly budget and audit, and complete 990 tax return. Must be able to independently perform a variety of duties ranging from direct involvement in various analyses to coordination of accounting procedures within the various EMHS organizations. Serves as a resource to the Accounting staff.
· Prepare and maintain accounting records.
· Organize, prepare and complete posting of journal entries in general and subsidiary ledgers.
· Reconcile bank statements to Lawson general ledger.
· Reconcile intercompany payables/receivables and revenues/expenses on a monthly basis.
· Responsible for intercompany billing and outside services are processed through the AR billing system of EMHS.
· Support EMHS managers with questions on their monthly reports.
· Prepares for submission of the monthly sales and use tax report for the State of Maine.
· Prepares transfers of intercompany funds for payment of invoices.
· Assists EMHS’ accounts payable clerk with non-routine A/P concerns.
Bachelor of Science Degree with a concentration in Accounting or Business Management and at least three years of accounting experience, with three to five preferred. Must possess technical and professional accounting skills, be detailed orientated with excellent communication skills and familiarity with computer capabilities and procedures.
Other Skills Required:
The ability to act independently and strong analytical skills are requirements of the position. Must have the ability to prioritize competing demands. Must be detail oriented and have excellent communications skills. Possess the ability to recognize and recommend and implement opportunities for continuous process improvement. Resourceful in finding solutions to problems. Must be knowledgeable of accounting functions and data and be an innovative problem solver that can work with little guidance. Must have a working knowledge of personal computers, related Microsoft Office software and computerized accounting software (Lawson and QuickBooks preferred). A strong proficiency with Excel is required.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.