Full-Time Information System Support Specialist – Client Technology Services
Office of Information Technology
Information System Support Specialist – Client Technology Services
OPEN FOR RECRUITMENT: April 21, 2017 to May 5, 2017
You are a talented individual who understands working with a technical team and are driven toward success. You focus on value and repeatability; you know that what you build today has to work tomorrow. You enjoy clearing hurdles as you strive for excellence. If this describes you, we want you on our TEAM!!
The Department of Administrative and Financial Services (DAFS) Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides information technology support to over 13,000 employees. OIT oversees large scale enterprise applications that support the critical and diverse business needs of the State of Maine and its agencies.
ABOUT THE JOB DETAILS:
You will perform technical services work in an integrated computer network environment.
You will have an exciting opportunity to work on a full range of system administration functions requiring a technical computer support background.
You will be on a super high performing team with highly skilled IT professionals to support multi-user work groups crossing functional unit lines and this will include a full range of multi-user network operating system administration responsibilities.
Responsibilities include installing and configuring network devices; diagnosing and resolving communications, hardware, and operating system problems; implementing, and monitoring system security procedures; advising agency management on systems development and conducting user training and product demonstrations.
Supervision may be exercised over lower level technical personnel. Work is performed under limited supervision. Team work is essential. We all help each other, regardless of our roles, thus a multi-technical skilled candidate with a diverse background in systems is preferred, and consideration will be provided to a candidate with knowledge of our State of Maine systems.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Perform a full range of system administration functions in order to control systems and attain maximum utilization and efficiency.
- Provide full user support for agency’s standard application software in order to meet user/agency needs.
- Conduct training in order to develop agency personnel skills in the operations and capabilities of applications and systems.
- Implement system security measures such as backups, access control, system accounting, and disaster recovery in order to maintain system integrity and availability.
- Determine how to attach devices to the LAN; configure devices to use the LAN for applications; and maintain LAN documentation in order to establish and maintain agency LAN’s.
- Install and configure internal hardware components such as memory, disk, and tape drives in multi-user, PC’s/servers in order to maintain or enhance system operation and capabilities.
- Research, recommend, install, and test hardware, software, and network configurations for PC’s and/or servers in order to provide an information system which effectively meets agency needs.
- Perform troubleshooting and fault isolation on PC’s, servers, LAN’s, or related system components in simple configurations in order to maintain system availability.
- Test and evaluate software and hardware products in order to determine applicability and value to agency operations.
- Ability to perform work requiring lifting up to 50 lbs. and/or physical exertion may be required, this work may require crawling, climbing, kneeling, and the ability to grasp small objects with both hands.
Three (3) years’ experience which demonstrates the ability to troubleshoot computer problems (hardware and/or software), -OR- an Associates’ Degree from an accredited educational institution in computer information systems or a directly related field and one (1) year experience which demonstrates the ability to troubleshoot computer problems (hardware and/or software), -OR- a Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited educational institution in computer information systems or a directly related field.
JOB CLASS CODE: 0928 POSITION#: 083101475 PAY GRADE: 19 – ($35,942.40 – $48,027.20/yr.)*
*Includes a 15% recruitment and retention salary adjustment and eligibility for a 5% annual training bonus
The value of State’s share of Employee’s Retirement: 15.85% of salary for BU positions. The value of State-paid Dental Insurance: $13.13 biweekly. The value* of State-paid Health Insurance:
- Level 1: 100% State Contribution (employee pays nothing): $415.11 biweekly
- Level 2: 95% State Contribution (employee pays 5%): $394.35 biweekly
- Level 3: 90% State Contribution (employee pays 10%): $373.60 biweekly
- Level 4: 85% State Contribution (employee pays 15%): $352.84 biweekly
*The level of the actual value of state paid Health Insurance will be based on the employee’s wage rate and status with regard to the health credit premium program.
|We honor our Veterans- thank you for serving!|