Part-Time Employment Specialist I
Do Something that Means Something!
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- 30% employee discounts at Goodwill stores in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont
- Valuable job training with growth potential.
- Access to internal job lists for advancement opportunities.
- 403b retirement plan
- Flexible scheduling
- Discounts on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
Hourly Rate: $9.69-$11.39
Schedule: This is a casual position consisting of 0-19 hours per week. Possible Evening and Weekend Shifts. Flexibility Required.
- Provides job assessment, training and support as necessary for persons served in order for them to obtain and maintain employment of their choice.
- Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
- Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- Provides instruction and accommodations as outlined in the service plans for service recipients working in a variety of business settings to enable them to perform at their highest level of independence.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment evidenced by identifying problems, reviewing aspects with appropriate staff and managers and developing timely and alternative solutions.
- Provides education and support to businesses, co-workers and supervisors.
- Seeks opportunities to develop skills and knowledge. Maintains all necessary certifications.
- Performs duties in accordance with applicable Federal and safety regulations and the agency’s program philosophy, policy and procedures. Respects the confidentiality of service recipients and other customers.
- Participates in the development of employment service plans.
- Prepares accurate and timely documentation of service delivery.
- High school diploma or G.E.D required
- Two years related work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a variety of employment sites
- Reliable transportation and proof of auto insurance
- Valid driver’s license permitting operation of a vehicle in the State of Maine with a satisfactory driving record
- Criminal background check that meets Agency standards