Part-Time Education Technician Relief
Work with children one on one who have behavioral, mental, and emotional challenges in a specialized school setting. This is an ideal position for those looking to gain experience and need flexibility in a schedule. On-the-job training is included within the first 90 days of employment which includes Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, First Aid, CPR, and Medication Training.
This is a Relief position without guaranteed hours.
THE IDEAL PERSON WOULD:
• Maintain a safe and effective milieu by participating in the provision of a structured, therapeutic environment.
• Collaborate with staff to achieve desired treatment outcomes.
• Take direction from others; exhibit appropriate therapeutic affect and behavior; ask questions for clarification; request feedback regarding performance with clients and peers.
• Be committed to the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
• Work collaboratively as a member of a team with various groups of staff.
• Desire to work with children in need, prior experience working within a school environment with children struggling with behavioral challenges a plus.
• Clean Driver’s license.
• Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
• Able to relate to children with warmth and understanding, and have the ability to identify the needs and problems of children.
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
• Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
High School Diploma or Equivalent.