Full-Time Computer Programmer
Office of Information Technology (OIT)
OIT/DHHS Office of Family Independence
OPEN FOR RECRUITMENT: October 6, 2016 – October 21, 2016
You are a talented application developer that is driven toward success. You are a go-getter, always seeking ways to expand your knowledge, and encourage others to do the same. You enjoy clearing hurdles as you strive for excellence. If this describes you, we want you on our TEAM!!
PURPOSE OF ANNOUNCEMENT
This is technical service work in the Department of Administrative and Financial Services (DAFS), Office of Information Technology (OIT). This position will be part of a team supporting the Automated Client Eligibility System (ACES) which supports the work of the Office of Family Independence (OFI). Responsibilities include resolving complex IT problems and providing general IT support as a member of the ACES Operations team.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?
You will work with and learn from some of the most highly technical skilled talent in the State of Maine!
- The opportunity to perform technical services work involving the development and maintenance of computer programs.
- The opportunity to work in a small team environment with a great deal of independence and flexibility.
- Interact with a number of different application development teams, designing, developing, and maintaining application programs.
- Have new and different challenges on an ongoing basis, opportunity to translate business requests into technical tasks.
- Computer Programmers are increasingly responsible for developing program specifications, analyzing and designing small systems or sub-systems, and performing programming work of moderate breadth and complexity.
WHAT WILL I DO?
You will be a Computer Programmer utilizing SQL, PL/SQL, Java, HTML, XML, and CSS. These technologies and others are used to support the DHHS Behavioral Health applications, as well as interfaces to other DHHS applications.
As a Computer Programmer, you will design, develop, test, and maintain application code, reports, and data models. You will resolve complex problems, with the assistance of senior team members, and provide new system functionality, data integration, and data warehousing. You will manage your assigned projects with supervision. You will frequently partner with technical staff and end-users to test and refine your work. You will have an opportunity to learn new programs and work in an Agile environment. This position is located in Augusta, Maine.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience and/or ability to provide support and development in a team environment.
- Proficiency working on SQL (ANSI, Oracle), PL/SQL stored procedures and Testing (unit, systems testing, regression testing).
- Experience where any of the following object oriented languages were leveraged: Java, Visual Basic, Java Script etc.
- Knowledge of writing technical/ non-technical End-User Documentation.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML.
- Ability to learn technologies and business practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
In order to qualify, you must have an Associates’ Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent subject area –OR– a Bachelors’ Degree which includes a minimum of 18 credits in computer programming, information systems technology, statistics, or advanced mathematics –OR– one (1) year of application systems development experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please visit the following website and apply online: https://maineoit.recruiterbox.com
The selected candidate will be required to complete an official job application and pass the required background checks as a condition of employment. *Maine State Government is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. Only U.S. Citizens or aliens who have a legal right to permanently work in the United States are eligible for employment. We cannot sponsor applicants requiring work visas.
RESUME’ AND COVER LETTER MUST BE SUBMITTED BY: Friday, October 21, 2016
SALARY INFORMATION: Job Class Code: 0864 Pay Grade: 21 – $18.79 – 25.33/hourly*
*Includes a 15% recruitment and retention salary adjustment and eligibility for a 5% annual training bonus
The value of State’s share of Employee’s Retirement: 15.85% of salary for BU positions. The value of State-paid Dental Insurance: $13.13 biweekly. The value* of State-paid Health Insurance:
- Level 1: 100% State Contribution (employee pays nothing): $415.11 biweekly
- Level 2: 95% State Contribution (employee pays 5%): $394.35 biweekly
- Level 3: 90% State Contribution (employee pays 10%): $373.60 biweekly
- Level 4: 85% State Contribution (employee pays 15%): $352.84 biweekly
*The level of the actual value of state paid Health Insurance will be based on the employee’s wage rate and status with regard to the health credit premium program.