Part-Time Direct Support Professional
Do Something that Means Something!
We are looking for a reliable, team player to work with four residents in a home setting. Experience is great but we will provide all the training needed to be successful on the job. Responsibilities include: providing assistance with activities of daily living, providing personal supports, passing medications, housekeeping, and providing transportation to and from clinical and medical appointments.
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- 30% employee discounts at Goodwill stores in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont
- Valuable job training with growth potential.
- Access to internal job lists for advancement opportunities.
- 403b retirement plan
- Discounts on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
Hourly Wage – $10.00 – $11.52
Schedule: Friday (1p-9p), Saturday (1p-9p) and Sunday (8a-4p)
- Supports service recipients associated with Goodwill’s Residential and Community Support programs.
- Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
- Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- In accordance with the service plan, serves as a model and provides hands-on support and direct teaching in areas including, but not limited to, interpersonal skills, financial management skills, personal care and hygiene, activities of daily living, and access to community services and leisure opportunities
- Communicates effectively and courteously when dealing with service recipients, parents, guardians and other interested parties
- Moderates verbal or emotional incidents through intervention techniques that preserve the dignity and safety of the service recipients
- Documents observations concerning group and individual interactions, progress and participation of the service recipient in the approved plan
- Completes all required documentation in accordance with program standards
- Accompanies and transports the individual to appointments, community outings and services