Full-Time Computer Programmer – MRS Applications Development Team
Direct Hire Career Opportunity Bulletin
Office of Information Technology (OIT)
MRS Applications Development Team
OPEN FOR RECRUITMENT: February 9, 2017 – February 24, 2017
You are a talented application developer that is driven toward success. You are a go-getter, always seeking ways to expand your knowledge, and encourage others to do the same. You enjoy clearing hurdles as you strive for excellence. If this describes you, we want you on our TEAM!!
PURPOSE OF ANNOUNCEMENT
This is technical service work in the DAFS Applications Group; responsibilities include designing, developing, resolving complex problems and providing new system functionality for Maine Revenue Services (MRS) team. Work will include performing extensive programming assignments using the following:
- Oracle 11g Database
- Elcipse IDE
WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?
- You will have the opportunity to perform technical services work involving the development and maintenance of computer programs.
- You will have the opportunity to work in a small team environment with a great deal of independence and flexibility.
- You will have the opportunity to interact with a number of different application development teams, designing, developing, and maintaining application programs.
- You will also have the opportunity to experience new and different challenges on an ongoing basis, opportunity to translate business requests into technical tasks.
- Computer Programmers are increasingly responsible for developing program specifications, analyzing and designing small systems or sub-systems, and performing programming work of moderate breadth and complexity.
WHAT WILL I DO?
You will be a Computer Programmer utilizing Java, Oracle DB, SQL, and XML. These technologies and others are used to support the MRS applications, as well as interfaces with MRS vendors.
As a Computer Programmer you will design, develop, test, and maintain application code, reports, and data models. You will resolve complex problems with the assistance of senior team members and provide new system functionality, data integration, and data warehousing. You will manage your assigned projects with supervision. You will frequently partner with technical staff and end-users to test and refine your work. This position is located in Augusta, Maine.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience and/or ability to provide support and development in a team environment.
- Proficiency working SQL (ANSI, Oracle), and Testing (unit, systems testing, regression testing).
- Experience where any of the following object oriented languages were leveraged: Java, C#, etc.
- Knowledge of writing technical/non-technical End-User Documentation.
- Knowledge of XML.
- Ability to learn technologies and business practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Associates’ Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent subject area –OR– a Bachelors’ Degree which includes a minimum of 18 credits in computer programming, information systems technology, statistics, or advanced mathematics –OR– one (1) year of application systems development experience.
*Maine State Government is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Please be sure to note in your cover letter whether or not you are a Veteran or have Gold Star Status. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. Only U.S. Citizens or aliens who have a legal right to permanently work in the United States are eligible for employment. We cannot sponsor applicants requiring visas.
In addition to completing an official job application upon hire, all new Office of Information Technology employees who will fill an Information Technology position which is responsible for installing, supporting, and/or maintaining hardware or software utilized by one or more agencies to access, process, or store information must pass a fingerprint based national background check conducted by Maine State Police and successfully complete Criminal Justice Security Awareness Training as conditions of employment.
Any State transfer (OIT or non-OIT) to an OIT Information Technology Position subject to Federal and/or State national fingerprint-based background check requirements must meet those requirements as a condition of employment.
SALARY: JOB CLASS CODE: 0864 PAY GRADE: 21 – $18.79 – 25.33/hourly*
*Includes a 15% recruitment and retention salary adjustment and eligibility for a 5% annual training bonus
The value of State’s share of Employee’s Retirement: 15.85% of salary for BU positions. The value of State-paid Dental Insurance: $13.13 biweekly. The value* of State-paid Health Insurance:
- Level 1: 100% State Contribution (employee pays nothing): $415.11 biweekly
- Level 2: 95% State Contribution (employee pays 5%): $394.35 biweekly
- Level 3: 90% State Contribution (employee pays 10%): $373.60 biweekly
- Level 4: 85% State Contribution (employee pays 15%): $352.84 biweekly
*The level of the actual value of state paid Health Insurance will be based on the employee’s wage rate and status with regard to the health credit premium program.